Thursday, July 24, 2014

"You Can't Sit With Us!"

Aside from always knowing where the good parties with the best drugs music were, my friend Andy has the unique ability to watch a movie once and recite lines from it the rest of his life.  I'll be on the treadmill at the gym and get a text from this bitch with some random quote about hiring the smart, fat girl or how we wear pink on Wednesday.  Girl clique movies were a particular favorite, and our bond as soul sisters was solidified over meth, ecstasy and GHB Mean Girls, The Devil Wears Prada and my favorite, Jawbreaker.

You might recognize Judy Greer from Arrested Development, 13 Going on 30, The Descendants or the commercial where she adds goth/punk Stefan to her AT&T family plan, but for Andy and me she'll always be Fern Mayo, the social outcast who is transformed into a swan after overhearing a murder confession in Jawbreaker.
And how about Lacey Chabert, who went from playing Claudia Salinger on Party of Five to storing secrets in her hair and trying to make 'fetch' happen as Toaster Strudel heiress Gretchen Weiners in Mean Girls.
We've watched them, we've quoted them, and I had to stand still and hold something sturdy because I could barely handle meeting them!  Now I've just gotta meet Amber D'Allesio, the wide-set vagina girl, Glen Coco and that grotsky little byotch Trang Pak.


No comments:

Post a Comment