Friday, December 11, 2015

My Big Fat Greek Brain Fart


Sometimes when I'm writing these blog entries I have a very clear idea of what I want to say and the words come effortlessly, and other times I'm staring at a blank page (because I still write in long hand and type it out afterwards a la the late great Jackie Collins) struggling to come up with a train of thought.  That's when my mind wanders into surreal John Waters territory and I start wondering crazy shit like whether Stevie Nicks even owns a pair of jeans or what the original angels at the Charles Townsend Agency are up to these days.  I mean, can you imagine a senior citizen version of Charlie's Angels starring Sally Field, Dolly Parton and Cher as Sabrina, Jill and Kelly, solving crimes on the Sunset Strip in between concerts at the House of Blues or the Troubadour?  The Barbie-like dazzle of lots of makeup, tons of fake hair and the cumulative effects of plastic surgery could make this the gayest thing on television since the Miss Universe pageant or Battle of the Network Stars and it would probably sweep the Emmys in every category that exists and some that haven't even been created yet, but this is really just a long winded way of saying I can't come up with shit to write about Olympia Dukakis, who has already worked with all three women and should play the voice of Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment