Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Auld Lang Syne

So here I am at the end of another year, reflecting on the events of the last 365 days.  So many pictures, so many memories, so many stories, and I can't help but feel grateful.

I'm grateful for a second chance to meet Sean Hayes, since I below the first chance, backstage at Promises Promises, with my wildly overenthusiastic anxiety about seeing Kristin Chenoweth.  (The only time I've lost my shit with a celebrity, and not one of my finer moments, as my boyfriend reminded me yet again tonight at dinner.)  I'm also grateful Sean didn't recall that first encounter.
I'm grateful that I didn't have to buy Never Play Music Next To The Zoo to snap pictures of John Lithgow reading children's books, complete with sound effects, at Books of Wonder.
I'm grateful that Gavin MacLeod was kind enough to stop for a photo on a cold morning when his publicist clearly didn't want him to,
and that John McEnroe stopped to sign a few autographs, even if he wouldn't look up.
I'm thankful that there's going to be an Entourage movie, and that Jerry Ferrara was as cool as I hoped he'd be,
and that there's going to be one more season of Vampire Bill and Tara on True Blood.
I'm thankful that Chrissy Tiegen signed the photo I took of her at Heidi Klum's Halloween party like she said she would,
and that the people at Macy's weren't dicks when I asked her to.
I'm grateful that a line like 'Can I get a smile while you're signing?' still works on Liv Tyler 
and Juliette Lewis.
As I look back at the (many) photos I've taken this year, I can't help but be grateful to the friends I've made along the way - the folks who've kept me company in the bitter cold or scorching heat, shared tips about who's going to be where when, or snapped the 'photo with' so I didn't have to settle for a 'photo of.'  And I'm thankful to you freaks reading this blog for coming along for the ride this year.  You've indulged me in my lunacy, helped me find my footing describing what this craziness is is all about, and kept me going long after I would have given up on someone like Pete Wentz
So here's to 2014!  My camera is charging, I've got a new memory card, and I'm ready to hit the pavement.  Bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment