Sunday, February 2, 2014

That's Super!

New York is a hot mess right now, infested with tourists from the fifth ring of hell wandering midtown like a zombie apocalypse with their game jerseys and backpacks and accents, marveling at the bright lights and tall buildings y'all.  Apparently, there's some kind of football game today after last night's Blondie concert.

Joe Theismann's in town for the game.  You remember him right?  Used to date Cathy Lee Crosby back when she was on That's Incredible! .  Probably did some other stuff too, but I don't know about that.  Anyway, I was walking home from Barneys yesterday and some guy on the street corner handed me a flier and told me "Joe Theismann's in that store for a few more minutes" and since I wasn't in a hurry and recognized his name I stopped inside.  Good thing I did, because nobody was there, and he was standing alone with a football, his memories and a slice of humble pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment