Monday, August 18, 2014

Lean Back!

My friend Ashleigh and I have the weirdest friendship.  I don't remember how it started, but we used to work together back when I lived in Miami and we bonded over crazy shit like The Howard Stern Show, bad TV, celebrity dead pools and really random songs from Chaka Khan and Tracey Ullman.  To this day I'll still get texts at precisely 4:20 or whenever she hears Cher and Peter Cetera singing After All, which is to say we are VERY weird, but it works!

One of 'our songs' is Lean Back from The Terror Squad featuring Fat Joe and Remy Ma.  You've heard of it I'm sure.  I will never forget being in the bathroom at Bongo's Cuban cafe during our company Christmas party when that song came on and RACING to the dancefloor so we could dance together.  "Lean back, lean back, do the Rockaway."  Well Remy just got out of prison after serving six years, and is making the rounds to tell her story, and if you don't care about this picture of her at least Ashleigh will.

No comments:

Post a Comment