Thursday, May 14, 2015

Free The Nipple!

One of the earliest signs that, "hmm, maybe I'm gay?", was going grocery shopping with my mom as a kid.  While she was forever on the hunt for the leanest cut of beef or the freshest produce, I would wander over to the magazine aisle (back when it wasn't considered neglect to let your child out of your eyesight in a grocery store) and browse the teeny bopper magazines for the latest news about Boy George and Madonna, secretly hoping for a shirtless photo of Billy Hufsey, Rob Lowe or John Stamos mixed in for good measure.  I remember the flush of excitement and fear whenever I'd see a shirtless guy; excited because who didn't want to see Matt Dillon's nipple in 16 magazine, and scared that someone might see me spending too much time looking at Matt Dillon's nipple in 16 magazine.

Fast forward twenty (typo, and it stays!) years, and Matt Dillon is in town to promote Wayward Pines, which looks like a Dollar Tree Twin Peaks knock off.  Sadly, his nipple did not make an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment