Thursday, May 28, 2015

Talkin' 'Bout My Generation

I will be the first to admit that I'm completely out of touch with today's music scene.  And I'm glad.  With talentless prepubescents exploiting autotune all the way to a Grammy nomination, singing show contestants marketing their way to the top of the charts and Lady Gaga's monsters losing their shit every time she queefs out another album of words repeated over and over again to a dance beat I can honestly say I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.  I miss the days when songwriters wrote with feeling, words that got deep inside your groove and moved you to tears or joy or action.  Maybe I'm getting old, but I'll take the heritage bands on my iPod over the synthesized bubblegum crap with no depth or soul to it any day.  As Pete Townshend famously said, "Who the hell are you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment