Thursday, October 13, 2016

That's One Hell Of A Block Party!

Anyone who knows me or reads this blog regularly knows I'm a sucker for a soap opera.  At one time or another I've been a fan of Santa Barbara, The Young and the Restless, All My Children, General Hospital, and The Bold and the Beautiful.  I've seen every sequin, shoulderpad and catfight in every episode of Dynasty (twice!), spent every Friday night of my childhood with the Ewings of Dallas, and wanted to be Ana Alicia running her fingers through Lorenzo Lamas' chest hair on Falcon Crest, but nothing engrossed me more than the backstabbing, betrayals, affairs, addictions and baby snatchings of Seaview Circle on Knots Landing.  I actually sought out the real life cul-de-sac (really Crystalaire Place in Granada Hills, and nowhere near the ocean) the last time I was in LA, so if you think I'd pass up the opportunity to meet the fabulous Michele Lee, aka Karen Cooper Fairgate MacKenzie, you're crazier than the storyline where Jill gaslit her rival Valene with doctored recordings of her missing and presumed dead husband Ben then forced her to swallow sleeping pills at gunpoint, hoping it would look like a suicide so Jill could marry Gary, and THAT'S crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment