Tuesday, November 8, 2016

All You Have To Do Is Dream

My love of the musical Dreamgirls is well known to anyone who talks to me or reads this blog regularly.  I've talked about flying out to LA this summer for the "one night only" 35th anniversary celebration and you know I've met original Dreamgirls Loretta Devine (who took a photo and signed my CD) and Jennifer Holliday (who also took a photo and signed my CD over Loretta's signature), but today I won the Dreamgirls triple crown, meeting the legendary Sheryl Lee Ralph, who is one of the nicest, FIERCEST divas I've ever met in my entire gay life, talking with me about everything from the anniversary show to bringing her AIDS fundraiser to NYC, and giving me staff rate tickets for Wicked (in which she currently stars) even as she shaded the amount of space "Miss Jennifer" took signing the CD and gave herself top billing.


No comments:

Post a Comment