Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gary Trudeau @ Barnes & Noble Union Square - pt 1

First, it's not the store near my office.  Not doing that again.  But tonight is Gary Trudeau, the author of the comic strip 'Doonesbury' which I've loved for as long as I can remember.  He's in conversation with someone about his 40 year career.  I'm told there are no wristbands, and he won't be signing, although presigned books are available for purchase.  I'm not going to buy the book, obviously, but I'm interested in hearing what he has to say.  I don't think it's going to be a crazy event by any means.  Fingers crossed.

There's also a signing uptown with Gregory Maguire, the author of 'Wicked' the book that my favorite Broadway musical is based on.  I'm very interested in that too, but they are both at the same time in completely opposite ends of town, so it's gonna be interesting to see if I can pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment