Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rihanna @ Barnes & Noble - pt 1

Rihanna is making an appearance today at Barnes & Noble near my office to sign copies of a new 'visual chronicle of the year's 'it' girl as she embarks on her first solo tour.'  In other words, a coffee table book.  Let's face it....the girl is pretty, but a coffee table book?  C'mon. 

Called the store for details.....no posed photography, no personalizations, no memorabilia.  Sound familiar?  I asked the guy point blank if photos OF her were allowed, as I don't want to waste my time with another Michael Caine fiasco, and was told that was okay.  I have some very fond (and hazy) memories associated with a couple songs, so here goes.

My initial thought is to scope the store and see if it's possible to get a few pictures without buying the book.  Generally, this is the best way to go with any appearance.  Saves time, saves money, saves the hassle of returning the book or selling it on ebay if you really don't want it in the first place.  And let's face it, for me most of the time is about seeing the person and getting a picture than getting an autograph.  There are some that I am a true fan of, and will keep whatever it is they are signing, but in most cases I don't really care.  But at this store, I have a feeling it's going to be the same setup with the high shelves blocking most people's view of the signing...keeping out the gawkers who don't spend money.  It sucks, but I get it.  At least there's no wristbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment