Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'm Not A Bitch, But I Play One On TV?

As anyone who watches American Horror Story knows, Jessica Lange is an incredible bitch.  With the turn of a phrase or a well directed look she can cut you to shreds without blinking an eye, because that's what bitches do.  I'd like to think she's a method actress, or maybe she's one of those Daniel Day-Lewis freaks who can't break character once she's in it?  How else to explain my recent experience with her?

A few weeks back, she was at Sirius in midtown, and with a curt 'No, I'm sorry' stepped into her waiting car, leaving Rick and I (literally, just Rick and I) stunned and disappointed.  OK, maybe she was in a hurry, or not feeling well, or whatever....I get it.  Last week, at the Today Show to promote some children's book she wrote (yeah, I know), she wouldn't even acknowledge the six people hoping for an autograph or a photo, walking brusquely past as if we were invisible.  And at a booksigning later that day, she refused to allow any photos with OR OF her to be taken (to which I promptly returned the book, unsigned).  She's a brilliant actress, but this coven NEEDS a new supreme.  Pretty Girl would have stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment