Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful For Childhood Memories and Nicollette Sheridan

My senior year of high school, my parents thought it would be a good idea for me to have a part time job to teach me responsibility, so I ended up working at this shitty burger and ice cream joint owned by the spoiled daughter of one of the town's richest, meanest men.  The food sucked, and the service sucked worse - we were all working for minimum wage and didn't really give a fuck about what you wanted on your burger or whether it was regular or diet coke, and nobody paid attention to the five second rule when a foot long hot dog fell on the floor and we put it back on the grill.  I don't think I learned responsibility, but I do remember singing Mad About You with my friend Theresa every time it came on the radio and gossiping with her and our coworker Donna about Knots Landing every week - she used to call it 'Knocks' because she was a forty something short order cook with a husband named Peanuts and a kid named Bean stuck in shit job in a go nowhere town, so why bother learning English?

Nicollette Sheridan played Paige Matheson on Knots Landing, and yesterday she made the rounds promoting some Hallmark TV movie she's in now that nobody will hire her after she sued ABC after getting fired from Desperate Housewives.  Probably not the smartest career move for an aging actress, but she also spent the better part of the last twenty years in a relationship with Michael Bolton so it's not the first questionable decision she's made.  She looks great, and could not have been nicer.  Thanks for the pic Nicollette, and for bringing back some great memories!  And in the off chance you're reading this, Happy Thanksgiving Theresa Centner and Donna Draggett!

No comments:

Post a Comment