Saturday, April 26, 2014

Thrills, Chills and Botox at Chiller Theatre

Remember that episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills when Kim Richards goes to the memorabilia show out at the Burbank airport Marriott and someone hands her a were-puppy?  The one where Jimmy McNichol skeeves us all out and reminds us why his career had been reduced to signing autographs at the memorabilia show out at the Burbank airport Marriott?  Well, that was my day today at Chiller Theatre expo.  Picture a hotel convention center filled with every kind of nerd imaginable, including the lady from Brooklyn alternately talking to herself and sniffling in the huge ball of snot just aching to get blown out of her nose, Encyclopedia Brown entertaining us with random useless facts about the city of Boston, the pythagorean theorem and the origin of the zip code in a Jerry Seinfeld voice, or the poor kid having a Carrie-at-the-prom meltdown when told that the end of the line to meet the cast of The Walking Dead was outside and around the corner in the parking lot, all hoping to meet celebrities way past their prime looking to make a few extra bucks off our collective love of nostalgia to keep the power on in their rental apartments in the valley for another month or two.  

Since I'm a lover of nostalgia, I had to go, especially when I found out Loni Anderson was going to be there.  I KNOW!  LONI ANDERSON!  And she did not disappoint, looking just like she did in 1980!  It's some kind of Tupperware miracle!
Speaking of botox, Tawny Kitaen was there too, looking NOTHING like she did on the hood of that car in all those Whitesnake videos but sensible enough to only charge $10 for a photo with her.  I'm probably the only one all weekend who will tell her I loved her on Santa Barbara (I miss that show!) so I hope it makes her feel good that someone mentioned something other than her tits.
Of course I had to get photos with Shirley Jones
and Cloris Leachman before they die sometime next week,
but the biggest thrill of the day was the opportunity to meet the beautiful rose of Graceland Priscilla Presley, and I will not make jokes about her rubber zombie face or the fact that I think she's smiling is this picture, because she was so much nicer than that sullen, possibly autistic Lisa Marie.
Add in a surprise appearance by trench coat flasher pervy photographer Terry Richardson
and a screaming baby on the train back into the city and I'd say it was a hell of a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment