Friday, April 11, 2014

You Wanted The Best And You've Got The Best.....

When I was seven years old I was OBSESSED with the rock band KISS.  They were my introduction to music, and the beginning of my lifelong fascination with long haired guys with talented tongues in makeup and platforms.  My brother and I used to play KISS with two friends of ours, driving their mother nuts with our stage performances, which consisted of us playing brooms and lightsabers and dancing around the room like a bunch of lunatics while we flipped the lights on and off real fast like a strobe light until she had an epileptic seizure and we had to stop (not really).  We were so cool with our KISS dolls and lunchboxes (the metal ones that hurt when you hit someone over the head with them) and trading cards and Halloween costumes!

I've calmed down a little since then, but I was still a giddy mess this morning when KISS appeared on the Today Show to talk about their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, because nothing starts a Friday like a bunch of 60 year olds in spandex and makeup before I've had my coffee.













No comments:

Post a Comment