Tuesday, December 30, 2014

As You Wish

I've always been a fan of soap operas.  Daytime, nighttime, it doesn't matter.  The drama, the grandeur, the outrageous storylines, I love it all.  One of my all time favorites was Santa Barbara, and I remember racing home from school each day with my mom to watch Robin Wright as Kelly Capwell in one of her first acting roles.  When she was cast in The Princess Bride, Kelly went insane after killing Dylan Hartley and was locked in a mental institution until Pearl had himself committed, fell in love with Kelly and helped her escape to Switzerland until the Capwell family could convince Gina to hand over the videotape proving Kelly killed Dylan in self defense.  But this post is not about Robin Wright or Santa Barbara, it's about Cary Elwes, who was also in The Princess Bride but not nearly as interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment