Friday, June 12, 2015

The Fool He Pities

T. is for tough, and it was tough getting this photo with Mr. T. this week.  Motherfucker was shot out of a cannon, signing autographs, posing with cops and spouting all sorts of insanity as he made the rounds in NYC to promote Fuze iced tea ("How you gonna sell iced tea without Mr. T?  That's like goin' to dinner without no food!") and some new home improvement TV show I won't bother looking up because you won't watch it and neither will I, and Fuze iced tea must not be decaf because he could not stand still!

T. is also for truth, which I wasn't telling when I said his very special episode of Diff'rent Strokes inspired me as a child to never do drugs, prompting him to jibber jabber on about always wanting to be a role model for 'the kids' and being grateful that he made a difference in my life.  And T. is for terrible, which is how I should feel about lying to Mr. T.

No comments:

Post a Comment