Friday, March 18, 2016

Oh God, Not Another Post About a Supermodel

It's no secret that I love supermodels, but I am so bored with the current supermodel vacuum of Instagram narcissism, arrogance and absolute superiority over the rest of the less attractive human race (I'm talking to you Kendall Jenner).  I really miss the days when supermodels were fun and had real personalities and dated rock stars and were on every cover and ad campaign.  I miss Cocaine Kate, Naomi throwing phones at her maid and Linda not getting out of bed for less than $10,000 a day, so when I was invited to an exhibit thrown by 90's supermodel turned photographer Helena Christensen you know I RSVP'd yes!  Twice!

One of Victoria's Secret's original angels, Helena got the covers of Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, and W, did campaigns for Revlon, Hermes, Versace and Chanel, walked all the big runways, was the sand encrusted girl on the beach in Chris Isaak's iconic Wicked Game video and boned Michael Hutchence and she's still ridiculously gorgeous 25 years later while I look like a mudslide.



No comments:

Post a Comment