Thursday, March 24, 2016

Paging Mr. Herman!

I've been a fan of eternal man-child Pee-wee Herman for as long as I can remember.  I watched the Saturday morning TV show religiously, screaming REEEEEAAAAALLLLL LOUD whenever anyone said the secret word and scaring the shit out of my mother on more than one occasion.  Pee-wee and I went to the Alamo looking for his bike in Pee-wee's Big Adventure, we joined the traveling circus in Big Top Pee-wee, and I was front row center during his Playhouse stage show in 2010 (though he was on his own in that movie theatre in Florida, I swear!).  Hell, Pee-wee Herman is practically a religion to me, so you know I was a five year old screaming REEEEEAAAAALLLLL LOUD at the rare public screening of his new film Pee-wee's Big Holiday at the 92Y Tuesday night, and on a meka leka high yesterday at the Sirius Town Hall, where I finally got to meet Pee-wee's alter ego Paul Reubens in person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment