Monday, April 18, 2016

Nobody Was Harmed In The Taking Of This Photo


People keep trying to pass off Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid as supermodels....but they are not.  Christy Turlington is a supermodel.  Linda Evangelista is a supermodel.  Cindy Crawford and Claudia Schiffer are supermodels, the seemingly different early '90s species so statuesque, so perfectly structured, so effortlessly beautiful that it's hard to believe they're part of the same human race that birthed people like us.  So when I FINALLY had the Holy grail of supermodels, queen of the catwalk Naomi Campbell in a rare moment without shades when she rolled down the window of her SUV and there weren't a million people in the way, I pulled out my brass balls and asked for a photo with the beautiful monster.


Instead of throwing a phone at me, giving me three thousand pounds of shade or shoving a blood diamond down my throat she not only held up traffic to smile for this photo but personalized my CD (which was a huge success in Japan) while I blurted something out about how she's even more beautiful in person before I could catch myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment