Saturday, April 27, 2013

HAPPY 420!

You know how some people always seem to look at the clock right at 11:11, and then say something like '11:11, make a wish' or something like that?  Well a million years ago when I was still living in Miami I was at work one day and happened to look up from a very busy day and notice, out loud, that "it's 4:20."  The next day it happened again, and then, in a groundhog's day kind of way, it kept happening day after day after day to the point that my coworkers Ashleigh, Jenny and Xenia would try to jump in and say it the minute the clock hit 4:20 instead of letting it happen organically like it should.  It kept happening even when I lived in LA, and I ended up breaking in a whole new group of coworkers while still letting Jenny and Ashleigh know 'it's 4:20' even though it was 7:20 in Miami. 

Now, we all know that 420 is a pot reference.  I'm not Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman but I believe that pot has medical benefits and should be legalized.  I used to see cannabis clubs all over LA, and even considered getting myself a medical marijuana card so I could get the good shit legally, (I get anxious.  Don't judge.) but then I thought about 'what if I get the weed that gives me the munchies?  Who the hell wants the munchies when you're busting your ass in the gym twice a day?  Wouldn't that be just my luck to get fat from munchy weed trying to treat my anxiety?  Maybe I should just go to Tijuana and see if I can get a tapeworm instead?'   Besides, ever since I fucked my lungs up running with the bulls I can't even inhale the right way, so handing me a joint is a big waste of time. 

Speaking of the good shit, here's Cheech and Chong leaving Sirius studios Thursday April 25th, thanks to a tip from my friend Marie.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Medical Marijuana Doctors in Calle Ocho Miami, FL

    ReplyDelete