Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Two Kids on the Block

New Kids on the Block were on the Today Show this morning, and I'm so glad I didn't gulp my coffee down and rush to get over there.  It's still fucking cold in New York right now.  I don't care if they performed naked with Pamela Anderson as their backup dancer, nothing is worth standing around freezing my ass off in this neverending winter for at this point.  Ok, an In-n-Out Double Double with onions is, but they didn't have that.

But, as my photo with aging vamp Mamie Van Doren and my devotion to all things John Waters can attest, I am a lover of the absurd, and the higher the kitsch factor the more appealing it is to me.  So yeah, I was at the Today Show before work this morning.  When they finally performed they were shaky, but with a couple rubs of Ben-Gay they should be just fine.  Maybe.  Let's be honest, they aren't new kids anymore, and they sounded like a couple cats fighting inside an empty garbage can.  But the fans went nuts for it.  Oh the fans.  The middle aged, middle America, wide in the middle fans!  I swear I could have made a killing if I'd set up a mom's jeans booth in Rockefeller Plaza this morning.

When they finally came out to leave it was just sad.  A couple were completely unnoticed, Donny Walberg was mobbed, and Joey McIntyre looks the most healthy.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, and not even editorialize that it looks like someone scraped Danny Wood off the dance floor of White Party Palm Springs and he had himself one hell of a weekend.  Just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment