Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Meanwhile, Somewhere In The Polar Vortex...

New York City is currently in the grips of a deep freeze.  Perhaps you've heard about it, since it's the ONLY story in the news for the past four days, as if cold weather in January is something new.  Look, there's Mayor de Blasio shoveling snow!  I wonder how he'll handle this crisis on his second day in office.  Perhaps he should hold a press conference to tell us what we already know - it's snowing.  And cold.  Don't go out if you don't have to.  Gee, thanks Mayor! So when I got the call Friday that although the office was open I should 'take my personal safety into account when deciding to come to the office' I decided to heed the mayor's advice, hunkering down on the sofa for an Orange is the New Black marathon, because let's face it, there's no black ice in my living room and I'd rather spend thirteen hours watching women in prison than eight hours in the office doing nothing with the four others who live in Manhattan and felt guilty enough to go in.

Speaking of prison, here's Drita D'Avanzo at Sirius to promote the new season of Mob Wives, which I'm not even embarassed to say I love.  It's like the ratchet version of The Real Housewives of New Jersey if the whole cast was Danielle Staub.

No comments:

Post a Comment