Friday, January 24, 2014

The Original Dreamgirl, Miss Jennifer Holliday

There is NOTHING in the world that can compare to the moment tonight when Jennifer Holliday, standing five feet from me, opened her mouth, and the first notes came bellowing out.  'And I am telling you.....I'm not going.'  I've seen Jennifer Hudson do it, I've seen Whitney do it, I've seen some of the best (and worst) drag queens and American Idol hopefuls do it....hell I've even done it stuck in traffic on the 405, but nobody can sing the hell out of that song like Broadway icon Jennifer Holliday.  And tonight, complete with facial expressions dug from deep in her soul, she did, in an acapella rendition that left me with goosebumps and tears in my eyes.  It was an honor and a privilege Miss Holliday, and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment