Saturday, March 8, 2014

I've Fallen (Off the Wagon) and I Can't Get Up!

So my New Year's resolution, expressed in this blog, was to stop photographing every has been and D-lister that shows up in town peddling shit I don't care about and focus my energy on people I'm really interested in seeing.  Like supermodels and Real Housewives.  But then Super Bowl weekend came, and celebrities were popping up everywhere, and I was reaching for my camera like a quick fix even while I asked myself 'why?'  That's right....I fell off the wagon.

How else to explain this photo of Meat Loaf, whose music takes me back to the sticky floors of the Sigma Chi house my freshman year at George Washington University, drinking warm beer from a plastic cup at a fraternity party before I knew better?
Or this photo of Patti LaBelle, who I haven't cared about since my 'dating black boys and listening to the Tom Joyner morning show' phase of 1993?
And why did I take these pictures of Full House stars Bob Saget and Dave Couliet, when the real star of that show was always Kimmy Gibler?
So as we enter Lent, with ashes on my forehead (after meeting Naomi Campbell, of course), I am recommitting myself to only photographing celebrities I care about.  It will save a ton of time and energy, make it easier to write these blog entries faster (whose bright idea was this anyway?) and I won't have to struggle to make Christian Slater seem interesting.
Because let's face it, in 2014 there's really no reason for this shot of Jordin Sparks.




No comments:

Post a Comment