Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Psycho Beach Party!

You may recognize her from Six Feet Under, but to me Lauren Ambrose will always be Chicklet, the mad surfer girl with multiple personalities in Charles Busch's beach movie/slasher film masterpiece Psycho Beach Party.  Think Gidget goes psychotic and you wouldn't be far off.  Of course it's one of my all-time favorite movies (I swear I had a normal childhood) so I had to meet Lauren while she was in town promoting some Lifetime Civil War widow movie that I didn't watch because I don't like dirt, history or pioneer clothing, Big Brother was on and I had to see who won Head of Household (thank God it wasn't that human flamingo Frankie!) and I'm really more of a Psycho Beach Party fan than a Lauren Ambrose fan anyway.  She's a bit of an oddball, signing my DVD right through the title so it looks like a mess and posing sideways for a photo that showed off the giant pimples that will be her costars in her next project, a ProActiv commercial, but it was still cool to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment