Friday, July 17, 2015

Can't Stop The Music!

Music has always been a huge part of my life, and it still is to this day.  The first record I ever bought was The Village People's Live and Sleazy on 8-track in what is probably the greatest foreshadowing of my life!  My mom likes to tell the story of how I saved up all my allowance money while she drove around town week after week trying to find the least expensive place to buy the album, and when I finally had enough money I marched right into that store and brought that 8-track right up to the counter and proudly counted out the money to pay for it myself, then took that 8-track home and listened to it once before promptly forgetting about it for the rest of my life.  My mom likes to tell stories.  She's old and her memory isn't what it used to be, so who knows if this is true or not, but I'm older and my memory isn't what it used to be either so maybe it is?  I had a huge crush on the cowboy (when I wasn't trying to figure out if the indian was wearing underwear), so you can imagine how it felt to pee next to him tonight at 54 Below while waiting for the cabaret show to start.  Weird actually.  It felt weird.  And yes, we washed our hands before this picture was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment