Thursday, July 30, 2015

Golden Boy

I've had a crush on Greg Louganis since the first time I saw his gorgeous face and rippling physique packed into a tiny speedo on the end of a diving board during the '84 Summer Olympics, back when I knew I felt 'different' but hadn't quite grasped the concept of 'gay.'  I remember how hot he looked on the podium, with those gold medals around his neck as the National Anthem played in the background.  I felt his pain in Seoul in '88 after hitting his head on the springboard during the preliminary rounds, and I cheered as he went on to win two more gold medals in spite of the concussion.  Greg's been a vocal advocate for LGBT rights since coming out as gay and HIV+ in 1995, and is the subject of a new biographical documentary Back on Board, airing Tuesday night on HBO.  And he's still just as hot as he was in '84.

No comments:

Post a Comment