Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Who's The Boss?

The moment I found out The Boss was doing a meet and greet in Union Square I jumped all over that free ticket, because who doesn't want a photo with Diana Ross, right?  Well bless my little gay heart it wasn't her, but Bruce Springsteen, whose constipated growl I'm not a fan of, which is why I sold it (for a substantial profit, thank you eBay!) to this sweet lady who flew herself in from Detroit and got a room in NYC for two nights just to meet me Bruce and get a signed copy of his memoir.  Since my name was printed on the ticket and ID was required, I met her at the store to purchase the book and give her the wristband required for entry, and that's where things went horribly wrong.

For Barnes & Noble.

Because although it was one person-one ticket, we both walked in together, they scanned my ticket without asking for ID, gave us BOTH wristbands, and directed us to the register where we BOTH purchased the book.  Fast forward four hours and I'm shaking The Boss's hand, thanking him for his stance on Trump, posing for this photo and walking out with a limited edition signed memoir (going up on eBay shortly) and a half month's rent in profit.

I'm the boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment