Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Catching up with Madeleine, Josh, Jackie, Bruce and Anthony

Today's wrap up is brought to you by the barbecue seasoned chicken that is in my oven right now, which means it will be brief, because when that buzzer goes off so I do.  This boy is HUNGRY!

Picture it.  Friday February 8th.  Good Morning America.  The window is filled with tourists, all gawking because they've never seen real live television before.  You can hear the accents, foreign, southern and otherwise, and they are all different dialects of stupid.  Everybody oohs and ahhs at Bethenny Frankel during her cooking segment (I've shot her before, not gonna waste my time) and Kylie and Kendall Jenner (I took a couple pictures of them before asking myself 'what the fuck  are you doing?' and realizing they are almost famous (Almost Famous...such a cute movie) because their sister is a pretty girl with a big ass and a sex tape and their mother is a pimp) and then deleted them.   The only reason I was there is to see Madeleine Stowe, who as Victoria Grayson on 'Revenge' (Sunday at 9 on ABC), is the 2012 version of Alexis Colby.  And she did not disappoint.


Tuesday, February 12th, The Today Show - I was there to see Josh Duhamel and Jackie Collins, both of whom I've met before.  Josh and I used to share the same trainer, Nathan, back in Los Angeles, and he'd always be coming as I was going.  We'd chit chat in the locker room (no, I never saw him naked.  Get your mind out of the gutter.) and he's a really down to earth guy.  I met Jackie at a booksigning in Los Angeles, and she is as fabulous as her sister Joan.  When I arrived there were a ton (AND I MEAN TON) of paparazzi and grapherazzi, all there for Sports Illustrated cover model Kate Upton, who I met at Heidi Klum's Halloween party back in 2011.  She is a lovely girl, but apparently was in no mood to pose or sign on the way in, so the paparazzi were circling like rabid dogs and my swimsuit issue stayed in my bag.  I missed everyone coming in, so when Josh came out and the photogs had no Kate pics they pounced.  Fuckers.  A couple swarmed the SUV, blocking each other to get the shots, and one guy even fell on the curb.  I laughed.






Same thing happened when Jackie left.  She was pleasant and posed for photos, but everyone was really there for Kate and just taking pictures to meet their agency's quota.





Wednesday, February 13th, Good Morning America.  Nobody was advertised on the GMA website, so when Marie texted to tell me that Bruce Willis and Anthony Edwards were scheduled I was on my way.  Lots of grapherazzi and photographers, but I squeezed my way up next to Marie.  Bruce exited first, and was really cool, although he looks a lot like Homer Simpson these days.  Rick kept asking if he could get a Polaroid, and I think he was able to snap a shot, but didn't have enough time to get it signed before Bruce walked away.  Same thing with Anthony Edwards, although I don't think Rick even got a clear shot before somebody asked about Anthony's Valentine's Day plans (as if it matters) and he looked away.









Then I got a bagel and went to work.




1 comment:

  1. I got a great unsigned Polaroid of Bruce, and no picture at all of Anthony (thanks to that Valentine's question). Tried (failed) to get the Bruce picture signed this morning at Live with Kelly and Michael. That's the last time I wait around there. Not worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete