Monday, February 4, 2013

Jeremy Irons, Reba McEntire and crashing Smash

What a disappointment Jeremy Irons was today.  He's an  actor I've admired since his portrayal of Claus von Bulow in Reversal of Fortune way back in the early 90s, and I was excited that he was going to be live on Good Morning America this morning.  Of course I arrived minutes after he did, and Marie told me he wasn't too pleasant going inside.  Heading over to the window, there were a ton of people inside (again) for an Oscars trivia segment with Reba McEntire.  I can't.  Really, I can't.  Last week a 47 layer dip segment and now this?  Do you really wanna sabotage your number one rankings GMA?

After the segment Reba took a seat across from the windows, but the producers and stage hands were tearing down the trivia set and I couldn't get a clean shot.  Jeremy Irons came out next, and was seated in the window, which meant I'd be getting a side shot through the window if I could navigate around the TV screen they always use as a backdrop in the window.  Twisting and turning like a Cirque du Soleil performer, I managed to snap a few shots, although the man never smiled once throughout the entire interview and couldn't even be bothered to take off his ski jacket.  Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!






After the segment it was off to the barricades, where I was surprised to see Reba's SUV still waiting.  Lucky me, there weren't too many paparazzi either, and I was able to snap a shot of her leaving.  I'm sure she would have signed if there were grapherazzi, but the blue hairs on the other side of the barricades weren't aggressive enough to get her to stop.





No more than a minute after she left, out came Jeremy, bolting to his car without even looking up.  Great actor, but bad attitude this morning.

You'd think that would be the end of the story, but no....on my lunch hour, thanks to a tip from Marie, who is getting quite good at this herself, I stumbled upon a scene from Smash being filmed in Times Square.  Poor Megan Hilty and Leslie Odom Jr. looked like they were freezing to death waiting to get this scene wrapped.  Leslie took a few photos with fans in between takes, but Megan stayed to herself.






I'm excited for this show to come back tomorrow night!



No comments:

Post a Comment