Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Katharine McPhee is Smashing

I arrived too late to catch her going in, and was distracted by Miguel when she came out, so it's a good thing Katharine McPhee came back for the 10:00 hour of the Today Show this morning.  With crews setting up a Michael J. Fox TV shoot, it was lots of confusion at the 48th street entrance this morning.  Nobody was certain which way she came in, but everyone rushed to the 49th street window when she went on, hoping to snap a few shots through the reflective skrim.  When the segment ended, everyone headed to Sirius, hoping to catch Jewel leaving the Howard Stern show, but I went back toward 48th street, determined to wait Kat out.

And that's when Miguel caught up with me, asking where everyone was going (Sirius) and where Sirius is (48th and 6th), and how do you get there (you walk to the end of the block) and do I want to walk over (no), and out of the corner of my eye I could see Katharine getting into her car behind us, but it was too late to catch  her.  There were a couple ladies waiting at the entrance with flowers, so I let them  know they'd just missed her, and when I turned to point out the side exit the car was still there.  Thank you NY traffic!  The girls raced to the car, but were afraid to get her  attention.  When they finally tapped the window (at my suggestion) Katharine rolled it down and graciously accepted their flowers.  Aww....how sweet!  Unfortunately, they were in my way so I couldn't get a shot.

My boyfriend has styled Katharine.  His friend Joanne has worked with her a few times as well.  But have I met her?  No!  So I was determined to catch her in the 10AM hour.  I arrived just as her segment was ending, and I could see her car waiting at the side entrance, just as it was before, so I knew this would be a repeat of earlier, only this time I'd be ready.  The paparazzi were huddled by the car too, and Joe was ready to pounce for an autograph or six.  The two ladies with the flowers were back too, only this time with a gift bag.  Stalker much?

Katharine emerged, head down, to flashbulbs everywhere.  Joe stepped in and got his autographs, which gave us extra time to snap a few shots before she got in the car.  And then the ladies tapped window (good girls...I taught you well) and again Katharine rolled the window down.  'Can we get a picture?' they asked, and of course she said yes.  Thankfully they got the hell out of  the way this time and I was able to snap a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment