Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hips(ter) Don't Lie

Reaching new levels of pretentiousness, indie hipster it-girl ChloĆ« Sevigny just released a coffee table book full of photos of herself, which is the only way to explain how I found myself sitting on the hemp carpet covered floor of an Urban Outfitters in midtown last night with a room full of twenty-something, pimple covered, patchouli smelling hipster girls just back from Coachella.  #awkward!  I mean, Coachella is SO 2006, and I haven't been in Urban Outfitters in years since I have no need for flannel or skull caps, so I was clearly out of my element, (though I would not have been surprised or disappointed when the pot brownies got passed around because it was that kind of thing) but I needed to see the actress so 'method' she actually gave head to Vincent Gallo in Brown Bunny for myself, because let's face it....that's fucking dedication!  Have you seen Vincent Gallo?
Turning the evening's edge up a bit was Sonic Youth bassist and alternative rock legend Kim Gordon, who I feel bad about lying to to get this picture.  I mean, I WAS gonna read her new memoir Girl in a Band, but I haven't been near a bookstore, library or computer with the internet open to Amazon or eBay since it came out, so maybe I was a bit premature telling her how much I enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment