Thursday, April 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday - That 70's Show!

Since it's Throwback Thursday, let's throw it all the way back to the days of vaseline lenses, hot pants and pink curlers, the 70's.  Carter was President, disco was in, and I was a gay boy dreaming of a life as exciting as what I saw on Battle of the Network Stars.

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman was every gay boy's dream of glamor and power, with a tiara, hot hooker boots, magic bracelets and her own damn jet, fighting crime with her hair perfectly styled, set and sprayed.  Plus she could change her clothes by twirling around!  To this day, I still get dizzy whenever I try that!
Suzanne Somers was the sexy girl next door (if you lived on the beach next to a clumsy guy pretending to be gay, a pervy landlord and his wife with the hideous caftans, and that whiny pixie haired homely girl that ran the flower shop) before she quit that bitch to make millions capitalizing on the insecurity of fat chicks with her thighmaster bullshit.
And didn't we all want to be little Vicki Stubing, sailing all over the damn place on The Love Boat instead of going to school?  Cruises seemed so exotic to me until my first - to Ensenada, Mexico, the poorest dirtiest, saddest little town I've ever seen in my life (and I grew up just outside of Buffalo, so that's saying something!) - and now they just seem like floating cesspools of norovirus and unlimited buffets.
And now I'm off to the chiropractor because I'm not used to throwing it so far back and I think I threw my hip out.


No comments:

Post a Comment