Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ay Papi!

While living in Miami, a friend suggested that I watch telenovelas to help improve my Spanish.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, since the shows were a combination of some of my favorite things - comedy, soap opera and sexy latin men, often shirtless, but after more than a few episodes of Rebeca the only thing that improved was my ability to exit a room dramatically and I gave up.  Thankfully, Eva Longoria's new show Telenovela has all the good parts without that pesky Spanish, including a cast of hunky men each hotter than the last.  Jencarlos Canela plays Eva's ex-husband, and I guess he's some kind of big deal singer/actor in the latin community who is trying to cross over into the US market.  Like Ricky Martin, or Selena before the bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment