Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Jimmy, Huey and the News

I used to go to the Jimmy Kimmel show all the time when I lived in LA.  The tickets were easy to get, the location was convenient, the show was a lot of fun and had good guests, and I knew where the backstage door was, which is always a plus.  Of all the late night talk show hosts, Jimmy has the sensibility I relate to the most.  Maybe it's because he's friends with Howard Stern, maybe it's because he's closer in age than Letterman or that dick Jay Leno, maybe he's just a better comedian, I don't know.  Jimmy was in town early this week for the ABC upfronts, and made a pit stop at Good Morning America on Monday morning for the 8:00 hour.  I had a much better picture than this one, except that the damn electronic billboards in Times Square were reflected on his face and I don't know enough about photoshop to fix that, so here's Jimmy Kimmel.
Somebody dug up Huey Lewis and the News, and they were at GMA too, which would have been really cool in 1983 but was much more nostalgia now.  I know, right?  I guess that makes them old news?  Ha ha ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment