Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mr. Worldwide hits Times Square

Dancing with the Stars loves to whore it's cast out each season.  "Stars" do the ho stroll before the season starts in an effort to drum up viewers for a show that's clearly jumped the shark, and then do the walk of shame like my ex roommate on a Sunday morning after a night out at Salvation once they've been booted from the show, telling Jimmy Kimmel how much fun they had, and what great exercise dancing is, and how they'll be best friends forever with their dance partner whose phone number they've already deleted from their iPhone.  Good Morning America must have signed a pact with the devil, because their coverage of the show has been borderline stalker for the last two years, and if I were that Earring Magic Ken doll Derek Hough I'd watch my back when I'm out in West Hollywood because if TMZ's not there, GMA is! 

This morning, GMA rolled out the red carpet for the final four couples, (translation: after dancing nonstop for thirteen weeks, culminating in last nights finale, the 'stars' took a redeye to New York to crosspromote one last time on another ABC show instead of putting icy hot on their aching muscles and pouring themselves a drink) pimping them for one final dance at 8AM after no sleep on a makeshift dancefloor in the middle of Times Square for the entertainment of Bonnie and Jim from Tuskaloosa, proudly holding up their 'We Love Zendaya' neon green sign when it's clear they never heard of Zendaya before the show.  I haven't watched the show since Pamela Anderson was voted off, so the whole spectacle was lost on me, but as I passed by on my way to work, so did Pitbull, who was also there to perform.  I don't really get the appeal of this guy, but I remember seeing his face plastered on the Y-100 billboards on NE Second Avenue every morning on my way to work when I lived in Miami, and that damn collaboration with Christina Aguilera gets stuck my head like a stutter, plus my boyfriend's cousin Athena is straight jacket nuts about him, so I pulled out my camera and got this shot.  Imagine if I'd put some effort into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment