Saturday, August 3, 2013

'Stars' of TV shows I don't watch

I confess, I was one of the ten people that watched Smash before it was cancelled.  The terrible acting, the weak storylines, the campy songs....what's not to love?  Think Showgirls on Broadway, Baywatch Manhattan, Sharknado on land.  It was a weekly guilty pleasure, and I happily indulged.  Krysta Rodriguez stole every scene she was in from Katherine McPhee, who's as wooden as the desk I'm sitting at.  Krysta's on Broadway now, starring in First Date with that cutie Zachary Levi, who used to be in Chuck, which I never watched but used to see billboards for all over LA.  I stumbled upon them at the stage door after a performance, so of course I had to take pictures.  Both were really nice to the fans, posing and signing right down the line for everyone.  Take note Cicely Tyson, Scarlett Johansson and Angela Lansbury, THIS is how it's done!


Another one putting in an appearance was Kathie Lee Gifford, who was at Barnes & Noble promoting the original cast recording of Scandalous: The Life and Trials of Aimee Semple McPherson, the musical she co-wrote which played on Broadway for exactly two weeks.  Seven months ago.  Talk about beating a dead horse!  Every other word out of Kathie Lee's mouth was faith or God, and it felt like I stumbled into a revival in Twin Peaks, except that the Log Lady was prettier than Kathie Lee is close up.  Clearly Jesus has a sense of humor when it comes to plastic surgery.  Hoda was there for moral support, but even she couldn't wait to get the hell out of there as soon as the lights came up.

Another show I don't watch is Royal Pains, but it's star Mark Feuerstein was at Fox and Friends doing some kind of superhero segment on the street outside the studio.  I didn't quite understand what was going on, and from the banter between he and the coanchors neither did they, but here's a picture anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment