Saturday, August 31, 2013

Shits That I Don't Give

If you read this blog, which some of you do but most don't but I pretend you do, you know that I write this stuff to entertain and to keep track of all the crazy stories stuck in my head, even if there's no audience.  My friend Marie told me she loves the blog but can't share it with her friends because I use the word 'fuck' a lot (and her friends are evangelical christians or Jehovah's Witnesses or some shit outside of my foul mouthed, filthy minded target demographic?  I don't know...) which is very funny to me because a lot of this is just stream of consciousness Courtney Love rambling and shit.  Well I'm not going to censor my thoughts, but I'm going to try not to use the word 'fuck' in this post, and maybe increase my readership a little so I can use this blog to start applying for actual press passes to events instead of lurking outside like a stalker.

So Forest Whitaker was at Good Morning America to promote The Butler, which I really need to see because everyone keeps saying how brilliant it is and how it will move me which I hope means a Lenny Kravitz nude scene, and let me just stay that Forest is a great actor but that eye is a big distraction (what?  You're thinking it too!) and pulls me out of a scene sometimes where I'm like 'oh, that's Forest Whitaker' in a way I never do with Meryl Streep.  Forest didn't sign autographs going in or out of the studio and barely acknowledged the fans, which is why this photo looks like it was taken through a window, which it was.
The next day Harrison Ford was at Good Morning America to promote Paranoia, looking nothing like the cancer ridden skeleton on the cover of this week's National Enquirer but more like a politician doing damage control after getting caught in a sex scandal a week before election day, and the crowd went wild because this man is an icon!!!  Nerds in stormtrooper costumes stand in line for hours just to see this guy!  He has rides at Disneyland and action figures from two different franchises!  Calista Flockhart is his wife!  (Okay, forget that last one but still!)  He may be 71, but Harrison Ford has still got it.  Oh, but take out the earring.  I know he's had it forever and I should get over it but it still makes me chuckle sadly.
Cuba Gooding Jr., on the other hand, leaves no impression on me, so when he was promoting The Butler (what IS it with this movie anyway?) the same day, I snapped my picture and headed to work.
And speaking of no impression, here's a constipated looking Ethan Hawke in Times Square promoting some dumb looking action filming costarring.....Selena Gomez.  I know, right?  How the mighty have fallen!  Ethan hasn't been relevant since he divorced Uma Thurman to marry the babysitter.  The turd I flushed earlier is more relevant than Ethan Hawke these days!
Remember Sinbad?  It amazes me that he was even famous in the first place, but he had sitcoms and record deals and HBO specials and was on top of the world for about ten minutes in the 90's before everybody forgot about him all at once and he had to declare bankruptcy (twice) because he was still living the life even though he couldn't pay for it.  Well he was at NY Live to promote something something blah blah blah who cares and he's really freaky looking in person in a kinda black/kinda white/kinda red way that's as difficult to describe as it is to photograph in bright sunlight.
And would you look at that?  I managed to get to the end of this blog without using the word 'fuck'!  The press passes are gonna start rolling in any day now!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment