Monday, September 2, 2013

Me and Some Big Girls at NY Live

Remember when Jackée Harry was hot?  Yeah, me neither, but for some reason she was very popular back in the 80's (along with glam rock hair, acid wash jeans and women in powersuits with shoulder pads and Reeboks) before making an ill-advised decision to leave the show that made her famous for a career of straight to DVD movies and supporting roles in forgettable TV shows on the WB.  Well Miss Thang is back, sort of, fitting a week in the off-Broadway show NEWSical the Musical neatly between the Hollywood Collector's show at the Burbank airport Marriott and an appearance at the Millions of Milkshakes in West Hollywood, and she was at NY Live to promote it.  Glad you're working again girl, and thanks for being so nice.  You're an inspiration to drag queens everywhere!
 The next day, Ross Matthews was at NY Live to promote his new show Hello Ross!  You know Ross as the overly cheerful, hyperactive queen with the annoying voice that turned a Tonight Show internship into a gig critiquing celebrities on the red carpet with Kelly Osborne to writing books and getting his own show and basically living the life I could have had if I hadn't listened to my mother and gotten a job right out of college.  I mean, I could have moved to Los Angeles sooner and I could have gotten an internship at the Tonight Show, and I already critique the red carpet from my couch with a pint of Haagen-Daaz so what the fuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment