Sunday, September 8, 2013

Kicking Off Fashion Week With A Legend!

While I'm always sad to see summer end, I can't help loving early September in New York.  The tourists have gone home, the kids are back in school and there's less people in my damn way at Good Morning America.  Plus it's the high holy days in Manhattan.  No, not Rosh Hashana, fashion week, and that means beautiful models, gorgeous clothes, fabulous parties and beautiful models in gorgeous clothes at fabulous parties!

Most Wednesdays I'm deep in a pint of Ben & Jerry's and some Law and Order: SVU, but I dragged my ass off the couch this week for the Spirit and Flesh magazine (think fashion and art, not naked nuns doing dirty things with rosary beads) yacht party and boy am I glad I did!  Two words:  Pat Cleveland.

One of the first black supermodels, Pat paved the way for Beverly, Iman, Naomi and Tyra, partied at Studio 54 with Andy and Liza, was Halston's muse (I KNOW!) and hit the beach in St. Tropez in a diamond collar, bracelets, rings, heels and a g-string!  Miss Thing WAS fashion and she IS fierce!

Normally I'm just taking a photo from the sidelines, but this time I was part of Pat's entourage, squealing inside like a fangirl as she danced in the captain's cabin like it was 1977 and Bianca was going to ride in on a white horse, gave fierce photoshoot with her daughter Ana and shared memories of walking the catwalk for Halson, and it was all I could do not to wet myself right there, because we all know I love my supermodels.  Especially the vintage ones! 

So how was your Wednesday?


No comments:

Post a Comment