Friday, September 6, 2013

That Time Josh Duhamel Remembered Me From The Gym

So a few years ago I was living in LA, a city full of shallow, fake people who don't seem to do anything but talk about their screenplays or do a cleanse or get in their stupid hybrid car to drive to the gym to walk on a treadmill and then have brunch with their stupid fake friends even thought its the middle of the afternoon.  For awhile I bought into the bullshit, and Friday happy hours blurred into Sunday afternoon pool parties, fighting sleep with every pill, powder or liquid I could get my hands on to get me to the next dancefloor.  During the week I did pilates, hired a nutritionist and acupuncturist (Boaz at BomaMed - the best damn acupuncture in LA!) and worked out a private gym in Santa Monica.  And that's where I met Josh Duhamel. A super nice guy with ZERO attitude, Josh used to train with Nathan right after me, and we'd chit chat in the locker room if I finished up early or he was running late or Nathan was a no-show or disappeared to Northern California abruptly but unfortunately I never got to see him undressed. (Josh, that is.  I saw Nathan undressed a couple times in the locker room when he was questioning his sexuality, crushing on me and hoping I'd make the first move.) 

Here's Josh leaving Rockefeller Center on August 19th.  Great to see you again dude, cool that you remembered me and congratulations to you and Fergie on the new addition!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! I, too, met Josh at the same gym. I remember how cool and funny he was...with NO attitude...just that awesome smile and quick wit. I never saw him naked...but that is okay since I got to see his true colors...which were bright and shiny! Also, wasn't I the best nutritionist you ever had???? Hehehehehe...

    ReplyDelete