Monday, September 23, 2013

Cher Leaves Me Speechless

Although I am gay (very gay according to some), today was the first time I've ever seen Cher live in concert.  Before you bitches judge me for this blasphemy, let me just say that I had tickets for her show at Caesars Palace a few years back, got all the way to Vegas, had an amazing day by the pool tanning and relaxing, showered, shaved and got dressed to the nines, only to find a note on the venue door saying the show was cancelled due to illness, which must have been contagious because I suddenly felt ill too.  So today was a dream come true (and very dreamlike considering it started at 5AM).

There are no words to describe what I felt when Cher took the stage, and no words to describe what I'm feeling now except exhaustion, elation and an incredible soreness in my upper body since I spent the entire half hour (plus sound check) trying to snap pictures above the crowd, dodging the old lesbian in front of me with her hand up like she was some badass rocking out at a Judas Priest concert, this queen with Vanilla Ice hair who recorded the whole show on her pink iPhone and the slow adult (and I'm being VERY generous here) next to me who couldn't stand still and kept banging into me while shouting 'I love you Cher' at the top of his lungs because she didn't hear him the first thousand times he said it and he wanted to make sure she knew.

A HUGE thank you to my friend Miguel for scoring the fan passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment