Friday, August 16, 2013

Who needs CBS when I've got cable?

After a few too many seasons resembling murky puddles of coagulated blood, True Blood ends it's sixth season Sunday night on a high.  Slut fairy Sookie pulled in some new hot dick, Terry died, Bill and Eric got superpowers, Jason and Alcide got naked (though not with each other or nearly enough) and vampire hating evangelist Sarah Newlin killed a non vampire with a stiletto in the fiercest catfight ever to come out of a TV show that wasn't Dynasty!  In honor of True Blood, here's a photo of Carrie Preston, who plays Arlene Fowler Bellefleur, five times married mother of three, waitress at Merlotte's and Bon Temps' skankiest redhead, leaving NY Live.  True Blood has been overdosing on storylines lately, and they need to cut some shit and focus on what's really important, like Arlene, Pam, Lafayette and screaming Ginger.  Oh, and male nudity.  More male nudity, less everything else!
Entourage used to come on right after True Blood, and I was hooked on that show too.  Maybe it's because I was working for entertainment lawyers in LA at the time, and that shit was happening all around me, or maybe it was because I secretly wanted to be part of that shit happening all around me, which was not so subtly reinforced every morning at the gym when I'd be doing crunches next to Jerry Bruckheimer or crossing paths with Josh Duhamel in the locker room wishing he'd get undressed but silently thankful that he didn't so I couldn't have to conceal an even bigger bone than the one I would pop just talking to him or watching Jake Gyllenhaal get ripped to shreds training for Prince of Persia while I left my A-list gym to go to my no-list job and suppress my feelings with another donut.  Anyway....here's Adrian Grenier at the Apple Store in Soho promoting his new app to help US travelers find healthy dining alternatives when they're on the road, because that's what happens to your career when your hit TV show ends and your agent won't return your calls.
One show I don't watch but probably should is Breaking Bad.  Bryan Cranston plays Walter White, a high school teacher who deals meth to secure his family's future when he learns he's dying.  How romantic is that?!  I used to know 'Walter White' when I lived in LA.  In fact, I knew a few.  Sketchy dudes that always met you on some random corner in West Hollywood or needed a ride somewhere and always happened to be available at a moment's notice no matter what time of the day or night.  Let's face it, if you're gay in LA, you either know 'Walter White' or you are 'Walter White!'

Anyway, Bryan Cranston was on Good Morning America to promote the final season of Breaking Bad, which means I'll have probably have to have a Breaking Bad marathon one of these weekends when I'm done with Orange is the New Black just to see what all the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment