Monday, January 7, 2013

Barbara Walters, Busy Phillips and Lisa Vanderpump at Good Morning America - 1/7/13

So it's 2013.  A new year, and a good time to bring back the blog.  So many people have seen the pictures and said the same thing: 'you should have a blog', so I decided to revive it, and include some detail about the stories behind the pictures. 

According to the ABC press release, Heidi Klum, Lisa Vanderpump and Busy Phillips were appearing on Good Morning America this morning.  Heidi was a sweetheart when I met her at Barnes & Noble for her book signing, so I hoped that I could have her autograph the picture of the two of us together from that  event.  Unfortunately, when I cropped some of the background out of the photo it got grainy and not really worth a signature, so I figured I'd just stop by on my way to work and snap a few pictures as she left.  If I can get another shot of Lisa that's great too, and Busy Phillips is just one of those extras because she's there.  I don't watch Cougar Town, so I'm not familiar with her.

Getting off the subway at Times Square, I realize I'm running a little later than I wanted to, but there's still enough time to hopefully get some pictures.  RJ, one of the regular paparazzi, is in the window when I get to GMA, so I know they're already in the middle of a story, and sure enough there's Barbara Walters talking about her interview with Mariah Carey. 


When the Barbara interview is over George Stephanopolous throws to Lara Spencer in the upstairs studio interviewing plus size model Crystal Renn and Victoria's Secret models Erin Heatherton and Lindsay Ellingson teaching us all how to walk the catwalk.  Crystal was scheduled for Wednesday, so it looks like Heidi's segment isn't happening today. 

Lisa and Busy are both prepping for their segments, but there's a crowd at the window and a glare from the electronic billboards in Times Square, so I decide to take my chances at the stage door.  Not much of a crowd there, the barricades are up, and there's Richie the bodyguard/crowd control guy and Howard the car coordinator.  Not too many paparazzi or autograph collectors, which makes me think they're all over at the Today show trying to get Betty White.  Fat chance....she's definitely taking the garage entrance, which means the change of getting a picture or autograph is zero.  And then there's Ally, a chatty, annoying girl who is a little bit crazy when she doesn't get a picture or autograph.  The regulars hate when she's there because she throws a tantrum if she doesn't get what she wants, and it makes all of us look like bad.  Roger is on the curb by the cars with the fat rude guy and RJ is up on his stool, so it's going to be a little tough today.

You always want to stand on the east side of the door, so when it opens you can see who is coming out and it gives you a few extra seconds to snap pictures.  Some days, those seconds make a huge difference.  After about 15 minutes, the door opens and Busy comes out.  Ally calls out to her for an autograph, which actually works in our favor because she stops and signs and smiles for the photographers.  She seems pleasant enough.






After she leaves, the car backs up and Lisa and her husband Ken come out.  Again, it's Ally calling out to Lisa to please take a picture with her.  Lisa stops and poses with Giggy, while Ken walks toward the car.  I would have loved a picture of the three of them together, but oh well. 





I would have LOVED to get photos of the Victoria's Secret models, but time was running short and I had to get to work.  There will be other opportunities. 

Ben Affleck is appearing on GMA tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's pretaped.  And Jeff Bridges is at the Today Show, so I've got a couple options.  We'll see what I feel like in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment