Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ben Affleck was live after all

Got a late start this morning, but still managed to get to GMA at a reasonable time.  Tons of people in the window, and RJ, Roger, Ray Tamarra and the bitchy photographer with the stupid leather beret up on their stools shooting through the window so I knew someone was filming the minute I got out of the subway.  Turns out it was Brooke Burke-Charvet, giving her first interview since her breast cancer operation.  Lots of people in studio, and they all seemed to be standing in the way, so I couldn't really get a clear shot through the window.

Still not sure if Ben Affleck was there or if he pretaped, I walked over to the stage door to line up by the barricades.  LOTS of people there, including Tony, who is always there trying to get autographs, which he later sells, and talking, talking, talking like he always does, and some girl I've never seen before trying to get autographs.  Turns out she's 17 years old and already late for the first 3 periods of school.  I guess she's there for Ben.  After about 20 minutes, the door opens and out comes Paula Deen, surrounded by a couple big, black bodyguards.  The photogs go crazy, and happy for the attention, she poses and answers the questions the photographers are throwing out at her.  I'm not sure if the fur was real or not, but she had a beautiful grey and black jacket on.  She seems like a nice lady, but I've already taken one photo of her and that's enough for me.

Another 15 minutes or so go by, and by now we're all getting tired, cold, and annoyed.  More people are coming to the barricades now, and both sides are pretty crowded.  If you're not in the front row, you're probably not going to get an autograph, and maybe not even a clear photo.  I'm right behind the 17 year old, and she's short enough that I can shoot right over her head.  The door opens, and here comes Brooke.  Tony had a couple sexpot photos of her, which she happily signed (let's face it...she's the cohost of Dancing with The Stars, and not much else).  Still trying to figure out the new camera I got for Christmas, I took a few pictures, but the angle was a little weird.


RJ was watching the show on his portable TV, and Ben's segment just finished.  He was live with the CIA agent that Argo was based on after all.  His SUV backed into place, mholotor running, and we figured he'd be out in a few minutes.  Turns out that wasn't quite true.  Another 15 minutes or so, and the SUV backs up and another pulls up to drop someone off.  Who the hell?  All cameras turn to the SUV, as the door opens and out comes Common.  The girl in front of me goes nuts, asking for a picture with him.  I'm not sure he understood her, because he stopped and posed by the door, looking at her like 'take the picture already' until she finally spoke up and asked again for a picture WITH him.  His publicist tried to shuffle him inside, but he actually came over and posed with her.  Shaky hands couldn't hold her cellphone steady, so she cut off a little of his head, but she got her picture.  She decided she couldn't miss fourth period and decided to leave for school, and I squeezed into her spot at the front of the barricade.

After another 10 minutes or so, as my toes were frozen, the door opened and Ben Affleck finally stepped out, bundled up with a heavy coat and a ski cap.  He actually stopped and signed a few autographs right in front of me, and still trying to learn my camera, I missed that shot, but I did get a clear photo just as he was walking out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment