Friday, January 25, 2013

Sharon Osbourne at Good Morning America

Today was an easy, but interesting day.  I had a leisurely morning, having coffee and breakfast before leaving  the house around 8am.  Just missed the train when I got to the station, and when another finally came it took forever at each stop, so I really wasn't sure if I'd catch anyone this morning.  But luckily it wasn't a problem, and when I arrived at GMA, Sharon Osbourne was just going on.  To be honest, I'm not even sure what she was talking about, although the candle that Howard Stern gave her for Christmas that subsequently caught her house on fire was brought up.  That Howard Stern is a trouble maker!  HA!

There weren't many people at the show at all, and the producer had a hard time rounding up fans outside to be part of the live shot outside on Times Square.  Only a couple paparazzi were there....the skinny redheaded jewish guy and Chuck, who I met at the Today Show waiting for Sarah, Duchess of York.  I was able to get a few shots through the window before the cameras got in the way and  the segment began.  Once it was over I raced to the east side of the barricade, which really wasn't necessary today because there were exactly six people there.   Me, Chuck, the jewish guy, Miguel from Portugal and two tourists who wouldn't shut up.  There was a new security guy at the door, and he and Chuck got into a pissing match about where  he could and could not stand to take pictures.  Neither wanted to back down or let the other have the last word, and it was really pretty immature and unprofessional of Chuck to even push back the way he did when it wasn't crowded and moving half a foot inside the barrier to keep the sidewalk clear wasn't going to keep him from getting the shot.  Silly, stupid egos.  Since I was right at the door, once things calmed down I started chit chatting with the security guy.  It's always best to be friendly with  security and the drivers...they're just doing there job, and when the celebrity is finally ready to come out they will often nod or wink to give you the nonverbal heads up to get ready.  I'd rather have them on my side than not.  So when the security guy nodded, I was ready.  Unfortunately, so was Sharon, dressed in a faux fur trimmed parka that made her look like Nanook of the north.  No luck with a picture on the way out, but here's the shot through the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment