Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Charlie Sheen - Tiger Blood, Adonis DNA and my poor back

Got home from the gym yesterday morning with a horrible tightness in my lower back.  Rather than rush around to get to the Today Show for Mark Wahlberg, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, I sat with the heating pad, leisurely having my coffee before heading into work.  Turns out that was a bad idea (the heat, not avoiding the Kardashians) because my back tightened up at work to the point where it felt like a steel rod up my spine.  I made an appointment with the chiropractor, hoping for another shot to reduce the muscle inflammation, but the girl who does that wasn't in, and instead I learned that ice, rather than heat, is the proper treatment, along with soaking in an epsom salt bath.  Oh, and no gym for at least two weeks.  All of which is to say that I woke up this morning with a tight back.

This morning, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jeremy Renner and 50 Cent were scheduled at the Today Show, and Charlie Sheen at GMA.  Although the GMA website advertised a sit down with Charlie, rumor (passed to me from Marie, who got it from Tony, in some bizarre paparazzi/grapherazzi telephone game) had it that he pretaped.  Tony's information is usually wrong, so I took it with a grain of salt.  My skepticism proved right when GMA tweeted '@charliesheen is joining us...for an hour.  Television may never be the same.'  Decision made....I'm going to GMA.  (Note to self: Never believe Tony.)

And so this morning, in the cold rain, with a sore back, I headed to GMA.  When I got there, Charlie had just sat down at the anchor desk, and was being introduced by Josh and Lara.  Sitting to the left side of the desk, he was hard to see behind the crowd of people in the studio (seriously GMA, what's with all the people?) and a strategically placed camera.  Only RJ and Roger were there, and they kept moving around trying to find a clear sight line.  For the better part of an hour, through a few different segments (Jack Hanna's animals, a money blowing machine, is there a hidden fortune in your home) we tried getting good clear shots.  On the stool, off the stood.  In this window, in that window.  Even multiple cigarette breaks were blocked by some douchebag security guy with a giant umbrella. 

Heading over to the barricades, I could feel my back tightening up and my toes getting numb.  Clearly I don't have tiger blood or Adonis DNA.  I'm not sure if it was GMA security or Charlie's own people who came up with it, but about 10 minutes later, as Jack Hanna came out the stage door and distracted the paparazzi, Charlie left through the studio door and escaped to his SUV untouched. 

Here's a shot I managed to get through the window.  #Winning!


1 comment:

  1. That is a great shot. I thought it was a publicity still.

    FYI, Wahlberg arrived after the Kardashians left, didn't stop on way in, but signed and took pictures with people on way out. Next day (same as Sheen day), Ryan Seacrest was there unannounced, signed on way out. Renner signed a ton of things on way out, too, but was so mobbed that you couldn't get a decent picture.

    ReplyDelete