Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rain Man? More like Snow Man! - Dustin Hoffman, Jason Statham, Michael Strahan and Zac Posen on a freezing cold day

My ensemble today, courtesy of The Weather Channel, featured two pairs of socks, longjohns under my pants, a turtleneck and a cashmere sweater, heavy wool coat, scarf, hat and gloves.  Needless to say, it's fucking cold in NY today!  But not even the bitter chill could keep me from seeing the legendary Dustin Hoffman at GMA this morning, along with Michael Strahan, Zac Posen, Tim Gunn and Jason Statham. 

RJ was already in the window when I arrived, and there weren't too many fans this morning, probably due to the weather.  Rick, another of the regulars who takes Polaroids of the celebrities so he can have them signed on the spot (very cool idea, but A LOT harder if you think about it) said that Dustin was cool going in and signed up one side of the barricades and down the other.  VERY COOL!

Michael Strahan was up first, talking about his morning routine, giving his Super Bowl predictions and singing tone-deaf karaoke for some reason before heading uptown to cohost his own show with Kelly Ripa.



After the commercial break it was Dustin Hoffman's turn to promote his directorial debut in the new film 'Quartet.'  Producers prepping a fashion segment made getting a clean shot tough, but I managed to snap a few before heading to the barricades, hoping to catch him on the way out.



A few diehard grapherazzi at the east barricade, so I took my place on the west barricade where a lone paparazzi waited.



By this point my toes were already frozen, but thankfully after about 15 minutes the guests started to exit.  Jason Statham came out first, signing a few autographs.  He must have been freezing in his sport coat, no hat or gloves.  I know I was!






Dustin Hoffman left next, but didn't sign, claiming he was running late for another appointment.





Zac Posen was the next to exit, walking straight to his SUV while nobody cared.  I called out 'good morning Zac' and he turned with a smile.  I'm guessing he designed his own coat, and I MUST have one!  The picture from  inside is better though.





Shortly after, Tim Gunn emerged and took his time signing almost everything the grapherazzi had for him.  Not sure how his hands weren't numb, but what a gentleman!  Unfortunately, no close shot of anything but the back of his head, so here's one of he and Zac inside the studio. Thank God there's nobody interesting scheduled until Friday, because it's gonna take that long for my feet to thaw out!

No comments:

Post a Comment