Thursday, January 10, 2013

Big Ang is....well...big!

Some days you get to snap an A-list celebrity, and some days you just have to go for the kitsch factor.  Today was one of those days.  I had my trainer this morning, and then a chiropractor appointment after that, so GMA and the Today Show weren't possibilities.  But Kathie Lee and Hoda delivered a gift in the form of Big Ang!

Taking an early lunch (and let's face it, 10AM is pretty early), I headed over to the Today studio to hopefully catch Big Ang on her way out of the studio.  Kathie Lee and Hoda usually have their guest on right after their opening sequence, so I figured I'd be in and out in no time unless Big Ang took her time in the green room.  Wrong!  After they talked to each other about Beyonce on the cover of GQ and some guy who could drink a bottle of water in a minute they went to a segment with Al Roker talking about his book.  Again.  Could this guy promote this book any harder? 

Finally, around 10:20 or so, Big Ang came out and took a seat in the window.  Now, the problem with the Today Show is that they have a reflective scrim on the windows, so you can't see clearly through the window and you definitely can't snap a clear picture.  But I could see Big Ang, and the team of makeup people touching her up.  Heavy makeup, multi-colored hair extensions, tight top and super short skirt.  She was fabulous!  They finally came to her around 10:30 to talk about the new season of Mob Wives and her reconciliation with her husband, who showed the new topless tattoo of Ang he got to show his love for her.  Because nothing says I love you like a topless tattoo.

When the segment was over I stepped over to the hallway windows at Rockefeller Plaza.  The good thing about Rockefeller Plaza is that when a guest enters or leaves the Today Show there is a whole lobby area that you can clearly see into from the plaza, so you can tell when someone is entering through the garage or leaving through the lobby.  After lingering in the lobby for a few minutes saying goodbye and putting on her coat, and rather than walking through the lobby hallway to the 48th street exit, Big Ang came out into Rockefeller Plaza.  Not what I was expecting, but a very welcome surprise!  I walked over and asked if I could take a picture, and was surprised when her assistant reached for my camera.  I figured I'd take a picture of her, but the assistant thought I meant with her, and I was not going to correct her.  Ang was very nice, and I told her I loved the show (lie....I don't watch Mob Wives, but she's great in the commercials).  She's very big....tall and sizeable in a Wendy Williams kinda way, but absolutely fabulous.

Note to self: figure out which camera setting to use if someone else is taking the picture so the picture is in focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment